Welcome to the Boulder SBDC
Boulder Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is a fast-paced, hands-on, economic development nonprofit – a public/private partnership.
We support the growth and resiliency of small businesses in Boulder County by providing free business consulting, practical workshops & events and connection to resources, including financing. The SBDC helps all types of small businesses – from startups through 2nd stage, from “Main Street” through highly scalable technology ventures. Some programming in both English and Spanish.
Over the last 20 years, Boulder SBDC has worked with over 5,000 businesses in Boulder County. In just the past two years, the Center produced 130 workshops and events with over 2,000 attendees. Our team provided over 3,100 hours of one-on-one business consulting to 1,100 businesses and entrepreneurs. Those businesses created and retained over 850 jobs, infused over $15 million of capital and reported sales increases of $10 million and contract awards over $11 million.
Check out how we've helped small businesses.
The Colorado Small Business Development Center mission is founded on a commitment to provide equitable resources to all communities. We stand by black communities and unequivocally affirm that black lives matter.
As an organization that helps existing and new businesses grow and prosper, we fully acknowledge the vast disparities that minority-owned businesses face. Our small business community faces daily hardship, and our minority-owned businesses, more than 72,000 strong across Colorado, experience additional barriers that are strained even further today. Minority-owned firms are less likely to obtain access to capital (e.g. credit lines, loans) and that lack of access is even more harmful in a time where financial instability is at its apex.
We cannot ignore these injustices and recognize that we need to act. Governor Polis is committed to cultivating a Colorado for all and we know that inclusive thought fuels innovation and diverse perspectives author diverse solutions.
As a network of 15 center offices statewide, we recognize the need to commit to additional proactive measures including:
- Implementing statewide training on unconscious bias, diversity and inclusion
- Identifying and working with equitable lenders
- Adding diversity to our business consultants and facilitators that better reflects the communities we serve
- Continuing to provide education to disadvantaged areas of our region
- Identifying corporate partners and agencies who strive to meet supply diversity goals and support our minority owned small business community
- Creating collaborations with minority owned chambers, statewide and locally to deeply understand the needs of our communities and how we can provide more support
Together, we stand committed in support of equality and racial justice.
Colorado SBDC Network
Dream Focused | Business Minded