What is TVXB?
TVXB is a 10-part virtual cohort series designed to help emerging companies in Colorado’s advanced industries to overcome hurdles in order to accelerate growth and development. The format, topics and tangible assistance the program offers was developed from success working with early- and second-stage science and technology ventures for more than 10 years. TVXB focuses on growth through non-dilutive capital sources (so you aren’t giving away any equity in your company) and technology commercialization.
When will the program be held?
TVXB will be held on Tuesday mornings from 9:00-11:00 am (plus a 30-minute open discussion) from June 15 through August 24.
Applications will open May 4. To receive a notification when the application opens, sign up at the bottom of this page.
How is the program structured?
The series combines a virtual peer group format with more than 30 hours of strategic growth consulting:
Who should apply?
Because of funding from the City of Boulder, TVXB is designed for City of Boulder-based businesses and their founders, C-level leaders and executive managers Colorado’s advanced industries, including:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Energy and natural resources
- Infrastructure engineering
- Technology and information
“We all come from the technology side – not business. We’re starting to reach our market and there’s so much potential, but now we are experiencing challenges that we know others have overcome before. We want to know how they solved it.”
“We’re scientists. We spent 5 years honing the science, now ready to go to market. We could use help.”
If this sounds like you, then you should apply for Tech Venture Accelerator.
What topics will be covered?
- Market Research/Customer Discovery
- Positioning Statements
- Federal R&D Tax Credits
- Structure of a Pitch
- SBIR & Advanced Industries Grants
- Marketing & Business Model Strategies
- Value Proposition
- Identifying Target Markets
- Sales Team Compensation
- Building Management Teams
- Sales/Distribution Channels
- Protecting & Marking IP
- Legal Matters
- Non-Dilutive Sources of Funding
- Writing Commercialization Plans
- Building a Dashboard & Performance Indicators
- Contracting with the Government
- Accounting for Government Contracts
To apply for TVXB, businesses must:
- Be a science and technology business with its headerquarters based in the City of Boulder
- Have the potential for submitting SBIR/STTR proposals
Applications for TVXB will open May 4. To be notified when the application period opens again, please fill out your information below.
Applications are due July 31. Please note: This application does not save your progress.