What is TVX-Boulder?
TVX-Boulder is an exclusive 10-part virtual cohort series designed to help emerging companies in Colorado’s advanced industries to overcome hurdles in order to accelerate growth and development. The format, topics and tangible assistance the program offers was developed from success working with early- and second-stage science and technology ventures for more than 10 years. TVX-Boulder focuses on growth through non-dilutive capital sources (so you aren’t giving away any equity in your company) and technology commercialization.
When will the program be held?
The next TVX-Boulder cohort will begin in fall 2023.
How is the program structured?
The series combines a virtual peer group format with more than 30 hours of strategic growth consulting:
Who should apply?
Because of funding from the City of Boulder, TVX-Boulder is designed for City of Boulder-based businesses and their founders, C-level leaders and executive managers Colorado’s advanced industries, including:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Energy and natural resources (including cleantech)
- Infrastructure engineering
- Technology and information
- Other innovative science and technology businesses
“We all come from the technology side – not business. We’re starting to reach our market and there’s so much potential, but now we are experiencing challenges that we know others have overcome before. We want to know how they solved it.”
“We’re scientists. We spent 5 years honing the science, now ready to go to market. We could use help.”
Does this sounds like you? If the answer is yes, you should apply for Tech Venture Accelerator.
What topics will be covered?
- Market Research/Customer Discovery
- Positioning Statements
- Federal R&D Tax Credits
- Structure of a Pitch
- SBIR & Advanced Industries Grants
- Marketing & Business Model Strategies
- Value Proposition
- Identifying Target Markets
- Sales Team Compensation
- Building Management Teams
- Sales/Distribution Channels
- Protecting & Marking IP
- Legal Matters
- Non-Dilutive Sources of Funding
- Writing Commercialization Plans
- Building a Dashboard & Performance Indicators
- Contracting with the Government
- Accounting for Government Contracts
To apply for TVX-Boulder, businesses must:
- Be a science and technology business with its headquarters based in the City of Boulder
- Have the potential for submitting SBIR/STTR proposals
The cost of the cohort is $2,450/participant. However, because of generous funding from the City of Boulder, the cost to participate will be fully offset for accepted businesses. No more than eight businesses will accepted into this exclusive TVX-Boulder cohort.