create a fully-realized business plan
connect with like-minded entrepreneurs
develop a plan that leads to business growth
LEADING EDGE is a hands-on, highly-interactive series designed to help future and current entrepreneurs discover and test the viability of their business. Participants learn to identify opportunities for profitable and sustainable business growth while creating a business plan based on market research, financial objectives and professional management skills. Created as a virtual learning environment, attendees benefit from online learning, virtual presentations from guest speakers and individual consulting sessions using video conferencing.
During this program, participants:
- Develop an effective marketing plan
- Create financial projections
- Understand legal and organizational issues
- Use research for competitive advantage
- Understand financing options to grow their business
- Business specialists as virtual guest speakers
- Entrepreneur panelists sharing their start-up and growth experiences
- A facilitator to help keep you on track and match you to resources
- Five hours of consulting with a wide variety of business specialists
- Support and encouragement to assist you in reaching your goals
Participants graduate from the 10-week virtual course with a completed business plan in hand. Graduates from the program are invited to participate in a statewide celebration in the spring, where prizes are awarded to the top business plans in the state.
The next series will held:
- Thursdays from 3:30-5:00 pm
- September 17-November 19
Business plans must be submitted by December 3.
The cost to participate is $495 per attendee.
Thanks to a sponsorship from the City of Longmont, businesses and residents of Longmont can attend at a special discounted rate of $125 per attendee. If you are an existing Longmont business, you must have a current City of Longmont Sales & Use Tax License to qualify for the special scholarship rate. Longmont residents interested in starting a business in Longmont may also qualify for the scholarship rate. To confirm eligibility and receive your coupon code, contact Suzi Bahnsen.