create a fully-realized business plan
connect with like-minded entrepreneurs
develop a plan that leads to business growth
LEADING EDGE is a hands-on, highly-interactive series designed to help future and current entrepreneurs discover and test the viability of their business. Participants learn to identify opportunities for profitable and sustainable business growth while creating a business plan based on market research, financial objectives and professional management skills. Created as a virtual learning environment, attendees benefit from online learning, virtual presentations from guest speakers and individual consulting sessions using video conferencing.
During this program, participants:
- Develop an effective marketing plan
- Create financial projections
- Understand legal and organizational issues
- Use research for competitive advantage
- Understand financing options to grow their business
- Business specialists as virtual guest speakers
- Entrepreneur panelists sharing their start-up and growth experiences
- A facilitator to help keep you on track and match you to resources
- Five hours of consulting with a wide variety of business specialists
- Support and encouragement to assist you in reaching your goals
Participants graduate from the 10-week virtual course with a completed business plan in hand. Graduates from the program are invited to participate in a statewide celebration in the spring, where prizes are awarded to the top business plans in the state.
The next series will held in fall 2021. To be notified when registration opens, please enter your information below.
The cost to participate is $495 per attendee.
Thanks to a sponsorship from the City of Longmont, businesses and residents of Longmont can attend at a special discounted rate of $125 per attendee. If you are an existing Longmont business, you must have a current City of Longmont Sales & Use Tax License to qualify for the special scholarship rate. Longmont residents interested in starting a business in Longmont may also qualify for the scholarship rate. To confirm eligibility and receive your coupon code, contact Suzi Bahnsen.