After working with emerging companies for the past 10 years to help them overcome market and business growth hurdles, Colorado Emerging Ventures (a program of Boulder SBDC) developed the TechVenture Series, which consists of a cohort program that will help accelerate the growth and development of businesses in key Colorado industry growth sectors: bioscience, IT, aerospace, clean tech and advanced manufacturing.
What is a cohort program?
- The program is a multi-session series format in which the group of participating businesses will attend all sessions and progress together through the business growth topics.
- Participants will share their own experiences and knowledge, developing creative solutions and building a support network in a cohort learning environment. Each session will be a facilitated, open-discussion format with other executives who share similar business challenges.
- There will be content specialists on hand to lend expertise.
What will be covered?
To help businesses accelerate their growth and development and overcome growth hurdles, the following topics will be discussed:
- Sizing market opportunities
- Managing channel strategies
- Business model innovation
- Growth issues
- How to build a team and retain, manage and compensate
- Benchmarking and tracking progress
- Protecting intellectual property
- Commercialization strategies
- Strategic alliances
- Key resources
- Key partnerships
Materials utilized for the program include Business Model Generation by Osterwalder & Pigneur.
Does this sound familiar?
“We all come from the technology side – not business. We’re starting to reach our market and there’s so much potential, but now we are experiencing challenges that we know others have overcome before. We want to know how they solved it.”
“We’re scientists. We spent 5 years honing the science, now ready to go to market. We could use help.”
If this resonates for you, the TechVenture Series may be a great fit for your company. We are looking for founders and C-level leaders and executive managers in bioscience, IT, aerospace, clean tech, and advanced manufacturing.
Outside of the cohort group, each business receives customized consulting assistance. You and your business team can meet with commercialization specialists who assist with:
- Relevant market research to inform your upcoming decisions
- Strategic and tactical consulting to match your situation
- A facilitated Business Model Canvas exercise for your company which can
- Result in a strategic and actionable Growth Plan
2019 Series Dates
Full Day Kickoff:
- Saturday, May 4, 2019 | 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 7, 2019 | 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 28, 2019 | 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, June 11, 2019 | 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, June 25, 2019 | 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Boulder Public Library
Boulder Creek Meeting Room (1st Floor)
1001 Arapahoe Avenue
Boulder, CO 80302
- $1,595/normal registration
- $325 for businesses based in Boulder, thanks to a generous sponsorship from the City of Boulder)
The 2019 TechVenture Series was developed with funding from JPMorgan Chase Foundation, in collaboration with CO-LABS, Colorado BioScience Association, CAMA, CPIA, Longmont Economic Development Partnership, Manufacturer’s Edge, Colorado Technology Association, and other partners.